Smart recovery (addictions support group)
Meets weekly at 10 AM Fridays no cost to attend
SMART Recovery teaches practical skills to help individuals deal with their addiction problems, enabling one to abstain and achieve a healthy lifestyle balance.
SMART Recovery 4 - point plan includes:
- Motivation to abstain
- Coping with urges
- Problem Solving
- Maintaining a balanced lifestyle
Smart Recovery program is based upon Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Rational emotional Therapy (REBT) tools.
Financial Literacy Workshops (4 individual workshops)
Our course objective is to facilitate financial training in small group settings while raising awareness of the kind of resources, including fair financial options and Government subsidies that are available to people living on low or fixed incomes.
Handouts and learning materials are both practical and easy to use. Each course deals with everyday financial topics. Learning materials are available in 16 different languages using Money-smart photo stories, DVD resources and handouts.
Exploring relaxation group (open group no cost to attend)
Explore relaxation is a small group program that is all about 'you'. Explore relaxation is an open group for anyone wanting to learn how to relax and manage day to day stress.
- An Introduction to relaxation and the mind body connection.
- Progressive muscel relaxation
- Breath work. Learn how to use your breathing to help remain calm in stressful situations
- Guided visualisation. Learn how guided relaxation can help us relax
- Mindfulness training . Paying attention to the present moment with flexibility, openness, and curiosity
Anger, Agreesion & Behavoiral Education.
This workshop is designed to help people effected by strong angry feelings.
- About angry feelings
- Quick control strategies
- Strategies to manage anger
- Changing unhelpful thoughts
- Challenges to managing anger.
Parenting After Separation Course
Is for parents who are seperated and want to learn more about raising children and managing ongoing relationships with former partners effectively. The Course helps parents understand the needs of their children after seperation.
- To focus on the needs of the child as separate to their own needs
- To understand their children’s developmental needs
- To focus on building a secure emotional base for their children after separation
- To reduce conflict
- To establish good co-parenting practices